Username:

Password:

Remember me

[ Signup ]
[ Forgot password? ]

Members: 3300
Newest member: KennyRamey
Poll

I would like a mobile version of the FMBC site, even if it meant losing ALL data and starting over.

Yes, it is uber important.

No, leave it as is please.

I am on the fence.

This poll is restricted to members only

Votes: 138
Previous polls
Members: 0

Click To Show - Guests: 8

Last Seen

charliec Mon 11:06
Kim & Feli.. Mon 11:06
snoopy Mon 11:01
docric Mon 10:58
bear Mon 09:00

Newest Members

KennyRamey Sun 09:19
vwbusdriver13 Sat 09:46
SpyBus Tue 08:02
TheF0oL Mon 08:21
easywind1975 Sun 20:35
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
September 2017
Entries this month: 4

SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
1011121314**
1718192021*23
24252627*2930
Upcoming Events
Chatbox
You must be logged in to post comments on this site - please either log in or if you are not registered click here to signup

bullet soliday
22 Sep : 05:17AM
I have a fairly good set of 1978 doors that are available. Painted poorly, but solid.
bullet Merkman
04 Sep : 04:33PM
Let me know.
Merkman
bullet Merkman
04 Sep : 04:32PM
I have a full set of double cab gates with latches
bullet shaun
25 Aug : 11:48AM
bullet bumblebee
23 Jul : 05:05PM
bullet shaun
02 Jul : 08:44PM
bullet r_jtimmons
30 Jun : 08:22PM
Just starting to restore a 1963 VW double cab pickup and need the 3 drop gates for the bed. If you can help please e-mail. Thanks for everyone help in the past and the future
bullet hippieman88
19 Jun : 08:39AM
Hey everyone. I have a 97 lifted jeep wrangler for trade that has 14,000 invested in it. Been looking to get back into a westy since I sold my 76 reluctantly. Anyone interested pm me. I'll send pictures and all the details if interested. Thanks everyone!
bullet Bronge
04 May : 08:28PM
Westy, SUBARU ENGINE, AUTOMATIC transmission for sale. 1984, very good interior, exterior, and mechanical condition. We've had so much fun, and I'm not crawling back out of the rabbit hole, but I'm working on a bigger camper. Get in touch or Charlotte CL for more details. Asking $19500 obo.
bullet cenres
24 Apr : 01:57PM
I have 2 "Westys", same year, same color scheme, 1 full camper and a weekender.
I am selling the weekender for $6000

or use as downpayment on a VWsynchro-camper (4x4).

I originally bought the weekender for parts for my camper, but then it kept running so well after i gave it new cylinder heads, new steering fluid pump, shocks.....

Member's Birthdays:
No birthdays today

Next birthdays
gadawg56 9 26
nfigeac 9 28
Hindy 9 30

Link to us
Link to us
Music is awesome while driving a VW, but turn it down on occasion to listen to your bus.
Club Supporter
#

Forums
Full Moon Bus Club :: Forums :: Event Talk :: Event Stories and Trip Reports

<< Previous thread | Next thread >>
Bustoberfest at Blue Rocks
Moderators: TN Jed, docric, sweetbus, Tom and Phaedra, Collie
Author Post
Vetterdog
Mon Oct 31 2016, 09:20AM

Registered Member #221

Another wonderful campout! The leaves are turning color, the air is crisp and the season is right for....beer! This is a campout where we all bring an interesting choice of brew and set a few out on a big old picnic table and we all get to sample the many choices.
Blue Rocks Campground is in Lenhartsville, Berks County Pa., about 90 minutes from my home. My daughter and I set out Friday afternoon and naturally stopped a Dietrich's Meat Market for some bratwurst and bacon. Got into camp well before dark and was welcomed by plenty of old friends, as well as some new faces. Set up camp, had a little dinner, and my daughter, a college student who doesn't sleep while at school, fell asleep on the back seat of the bus, while I made my way to the campfire. Relaxed and played some music with Brian, a.k.a. Bassghost. Stayed up late laughing and catching up with friends, which was very necessary since this has been a fairly light camping season for us. There was a little rain, but not enough to dampen our fun.
Saturday we arose at leisure and the sun played hide and seek all day, but we had a big pile of firewood to keep us warm. Potluck dinner/lunch (linner?) came together a bit after three, and I've said this before, but I love camping with my Moonie family because they can COOK. A fabulous meal with the only regrets being the items I was too full to try. We held the meal early so we would have the time (and belly room) for the annual beer tasting, held at 5. In the interim, the kids went trick or treating, while us lucky grown-ups washed the dishes. The beer tasting came together, as it always does, and was greatly enjoyed by all. There is something inspiring about a big table filled with beers, ales, pilsners, and even some wines. The afternoon turned to evening, then night, and we kept the fire cooking. I was treated to the company of some old friends with whom I played music for a few hours. We stayed up late, burned all the firewood, cooked bacon on the fire, talked, laughed, planned, imbibed, and generally did what we do at campouts. A very relaxing time, and on Sunday as we all drifted towards home, we said goodbye to another season even as we tried to find available weekends to sneak in one or two more campouts. Keeping fingers crossed, hope to see you all out there soon.
-DFV

[ Edited Mon Oct 31 2016, 09:21AM ]

They was louder at the Rainbow. Could be. Oooowie.
DFV
Amateur locktite enthusiast

oatmeal
Wed Nov 02 2016, 07:35PM

Registered Member #278

sounds like a crackin' good time was had by all.

past busses:
'73, '85, '93, '93, & '02

"all it takes is a few cuts on the Humor to make the rest seem like the ravings of a dangerous lunatic."
- H.S.T. - June '71
mookman62
Wed Nov 02 2016, 08:13PM

Registered Member #121

Been far too long since I've made a campout. Sadly with my current job and expensive racing hobby that takes up most of the weekends I don't see me making another anytime soon. I do know that if and when I ever do show up again that I'll always be welcome with open arms even if I'm sleeping in the bed of my pickup. This was always my favorite campout in the best campground with the best crowd of friendly people.

I miss my old buses.
TheBlueMax
Thu Nov 03 2016, 05:20PM

Registered Member #189

was waiting for the Bassghost video.......

My summary

This past Bustoberfest at Bluerocks was a huge success despite the questionable forecast. We had over 20 buses and vans. While this was not our biggest year, we did raise a record $500 for PACS (a Phoenixville, PA area foodbank). Katy Feddish (now a middle schooler) single handedly organizes a fund raiser for PACS. We help her reach her goal with not only the raffle proceeds, but also a collection of dry goods as well. Go Westy donated many awesome gifts for us to raffle.

To prepare for a show stopping weekend, we hung two super huge tarps that worked out perfectly, despite some high winds. For the most part we had a little misting and sprinkles, but the bulk of the rain missed us! Thank you mother nature. We were able to burn all of the wood. Thank you LiMBO for helping us defray the cost of the firewood with your donation.

Saturday is always the big day for activities. This year, we flipped the festivity times. We decided to hold the potluck meal earlier than usual. Our “linner” was at 3:30. When the children went trick or treating at 5pm, then it was the adults time to enjoy the beer and wine tasting. We had a wonderful evening jam session around the fire with Bryan, Joe, Dave and Emil on the bongo.

It was a great weekend, complete with good friends. Thank you all who came.

Can’t wait for next year!

Andrea

http://www.limbobus.org/gallery2/v/Bustoberfest+2016_003/

photos
Vetterdog
Mon Nov 07 2016, 11:40AM

Registered Member #221

Still waiting on Bassghost!

They was louder at the Rainbow. Could be. Oooowie.
DFV
Amateur locktite enthusiast

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF